Our Vision & Values
Equality of access to education for children with medical needs and disabilities
The Children's Hospital School at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and University College Hospital (UCLH) aims to minimise the interruption and disruption to children and young people’s education so that academic progress and an interest in learning will continue throughout a hospital admission, as far as medical circumstances permit. Our goal is to provide optimum access to learning for school-aged inpatients.
We work with children, families, schools, local authorities and our NHS partners to ensure equality of access to education, opportunity and support for children with medical needs and disabilities.
Innovate, collaborate, nurture, empower
We aim to provide an enriching and enjoyable experience for all our pupils which ensures normality through education, helps to prevent anxiety about school work and fosters a sense of achievement.
In order to achieve this we:
- Provide personalised, challenging, enjoyable and innovative learning opportunities
- Make learning an integral part of children and young people’s stay in hospital
- Foster and celebrate the values of friendship and determination
- Prepare and empower pupils in the present and for the future
- Support, nurture and value families and carers